The Voltex Go-Live E-Commerce Competition (“the Competition”) is hosted on the Voltex Online Shopping Website (“the Website”) and by entering the Competition, Participants are automatically deemed to have read and irrevocably consented to the terms and conditions contained herein.
1. The Competition is organised and run by Voltex (Pty) Ltd [with registration number: 1964/006740/07] (“the Promoter”), a company duly incorporated with limited liability in accordance with the Company laws of the Republic of South Africa and having its registered office at Voltex House - Block B, St Andrew’s Office Park, 39 Wordsworth Avenue, Senderwood, 2007.
2. The Promoter has requested that its brand and communications service provider, namely Your Brand Agency (Pty) Ltd [with registration number: 2012 / 054044 / 07] (“the Agency”), manage, inter alia, the promotional and graphics relating to the Competition.
3. The Competition shall commence on 29 February 2016 and shall terminate on conclusion of the 100th successful online sale (“the Competition period”). A notification shall be published on the Website once the 100th successful online sale has taken place, informing participants that the Competition has been concluded.
4. The Competition is only open to residents of the Republic of South Africa who are in possession of a valid South African Identification Document and who are, at the date of publication hereof, aged 18 years or older. The Competition is not open to the Agency or any company within the Promoter’s group of companies, its subsidiaries or subcontractors or any other person who is professionally connected with the Competition. The Competition is however open to the Promoter’s employees who are not professionally connected with the Competition.
5. Participants are automatically entered into the Competition during the Competition period when they:
5.1. successfully register an account on the Voltex Website (http://www.voltex.co.za/index.php?route=account/register); and
5.2. successfully complete a non-refundable purchase to the value of R 500.00 (excluding VAT) or more on the Voltex Online e-commerce platform (www.voltex.co.za). For the avoidance of doubt it is recorded that in the event that Goods which were the subject of the sale that won the prize being returned to the Promoter by the Prize Winner, the Prize Winner shall forfeit the prize (unless such Goods are determined by the Promoter to be defective).
Participants who win a prize through the Competition, irrevocably agree to have their name displayed on the Promoter’s VoltexSA Facebook Page and / or on the Website, unless written notice has been furnished to the Agency to the contrary and the Agency has acknowledged receipt of such notice in writing. Notices may be sent to the Agency at the following address: email@example.com.
6. Prizes are, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter, “up for grabs”. In this regard:
6.1. There are eleven (11) prizes in total to be given away during the Competition period. The prizes may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter, include:
Weber braai / Hover Boards / Garmin Watch / Nespresso Coffee Machine / Canon Camera / LED TV etc.
6.2. The prize winner/s will be selected from the list of registered online accounts. Participants who place the first, tenth, twentieth, thirtieth, fortieth, fiftieth, sixtieth, seventieth, eightieth, ninetieth and one-hundredth online non-refundable purchase shall win a prize and shall be notified of their prize via email and / or SMS and / or telephone.
6.3. If any of the prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter shall have the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value to such prize. There is no cash or credit alternative and the prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and is not for resale.
6.4. All prizes are provided to the prize winners in good faith by the Promoter and are accompanied by warranties from the manufacturer of the prizes. The Promoter shall not be held liable for any defects in the prizes and all prize winners irrevocably agree to indemnify the Promoter in this regard and to direct any such claims to the manufacturer of the prizes.
6.5. The Promoter reserves its right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, for any reason whatsoever, to substitute the prize with any other prize of a comparable nature.
6.6. Neither the Promoter (including its directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) nor any of its associates, subsidiaries, successors in title and assigns may be held liable for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising out of the Competition, including but not limited to any loss or damage arising from the entrant’s participation in the Competition, or as a result of the entrant winning a prize, or if the Prize Draw does not run as planned.
6.7. All prize winners shall be required to provide a copy of their identity document to the Promoter for identification and verification purposes within 5 days of being notified of their prize. Any prize winners who do not provide a copy of their identity document to the Promoter within 5 days of having been requested to do so shall be automatically disqualified and a new prize winner shall be selected, based on the purchase that took place immediately after the original prize winner’s purchase.
6.8. If the Promoter is unable, for any reason whatsoever, to reach a prize winner within 5 days of his / her entry being drawn, such prize winner shall be automatically disqualified and a new prize winner shall be selected, based on the purchase that took place immediately after the original prize winner’s purchase.
6.9. Some prizes may require that the prize winner be in possession of certain legal documentation (such as a valid TV license should they win a Flat Screen TV) and the failure of the prize winner to provide such legal documentation within 5 days of having been informed of such requirement by the Promoter will result in their disqualification from claiming their prize.
6.10. The prizes are not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption or assignment of the prizes is permitted. Furthermore, if the prize is not claimed, for any reason, by the prize winner within a reasonable time period stipulated by the Promoter (“the deadline”), the prize will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to pick an alternative winner if the prize is not claimed by the deadline.
7. By submitting their personal details when registering an account on the Website, Participants to the Competition consent to the Promoter storing their name, identity number, address, contact details and any other personal information (“the personal information”) as provided by the Participants to the Promoter on the the Promoter’s database and to receiving marketing related communication from time to time from the Promoter and the Agency (unless they opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) . The Promoter and Agency undertake not to disclose the personal information of any entrant to any third party other than for the purpose of the Competition and unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation. The Participants confirm that all personal information provided on the Promoter’s online survey is accurate and complete and the Participants agree to update the information supplied as and when necessary so as to ensure the accuracy of the information, failing which the Promoter will not be held liable for inaccuracies.
8. Prize winners may be named and / or photographed in printed and / or electronic media and may be asked to participate in marketing activities. Prize winners shall be entitled to decline any of the aforesaid by providing the company with a written objection, within 5 days of having received notification of the Prize. The objection shall be sent to email@example.com.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any stage, if in its sole and absolute discretion it deems it necessary to do so and / or if circumstances beyond its control prevent the Promoter from continuing with the Competition.
10. In all circumstances, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. All Participants and prize winners fully indemnify the Promoter, its holding companies, subsidiaries and assigns (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against all and any loss and / or damages that may be sustained directly or indirectly from the Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy.
12. The Promoter and the Agency reserve the right to remove posts and / or comments from the Website which could be classed as incorrect, offensive, disrespectful or detrimental to other users and / or the Promoter and /or the Agency.
13. The Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the prevailing laws from time to time of the Republic of South Africa.
14. By entering the Competition, all Participants and prize winners irrevocably agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Competition which are set out above.
THE VOLTEX GO-LIVE E-COMMERCE COMPETITION IS ENTIRELY SEPERATE TO AND NOT IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH OTHER COMPETITIONS WHICH ARE RUN BY THE PROMOTER FROM TIME TO TIME. FOR DETAILS OF OTHER COMPETITIONS VISIT WWW.VOLTEX.CO.ZA