TUV T8 lamps are double-ended UVC (germicidal) lamps used in professional water and air disinfection units.
- Low pressure mercury vapour discharge lamps.
- Tubular glass envelope emitting short-wave UV radiation with a peak at 253.7nm (UV-C) for germicidal action.
- Glass filters out the 185nm ozone – forming line.
- PL-S have a specially adapted starter providing almost instant starting characteristics already built into the lamp base.
- Fluorescent and mercury vapour types.
- The inner envelope is coated with a fluorescent powder, emitting long wave UV radiation to excite luminescence.
- The dark blue glass envelope filters out visible light so as not to intefere with the luminescence.
- Short-wave UV radiation with a peak at 253.7 nm (UVC) for disinfection purposes
- Protective inside coating ensures constant UV output over the complete lifetime of the lamp
- Long and reliable lifetime with the lowest percentage of lamps that fail prematurely in the market
- Lamp glass filters out the 185 nm ozone-forming line
- High Output versions available for optimum UVC output per lamp length, allowing for reduction of system size
- Warning sign on lamp indicates that the lamp radiates UVC
- Security of effective disinfection over the useful lifetime of the lamp
- High system efficacy. It is not required to over-design the purification system to maintain effectiveness of disinfection
- Advanced Maintenance planning, virtually eliminating the need for expensive spot replacement of prematurely failed lamps
- Killing or inactivating bacteria, viruses and other primitive organisms.
- Air, water and surface disinfection in hospitals, also in food processing industries such as dairies, breweries and bakeries.
- Widely used in the disinfection of drinking water, waste water, swimming pools, cold storage rooms, etc.
Also applied in a variety of photochemical processes.
- Textile and chemical industry
- Special effects in night clubs
- Banking (detecting counterfeit bank notes)
- Sign lighting
- Food Industry