- Water, dust and chemical resistant
- Seven step smart charge algorithm
- Recovery of fully discharged ‘dead’ batteries
- Automatic power supply function
- Severe cold performance: down to -30°C
- Several other battery life enhancing features
- Low power mode to charge smaller batteries
- Li-ion battery mode
- Setup and configure, readout of voltage and current by Bluetooth Smart
The Victron Connect App
Setup, readout and configure your Blue Smart IP65 Charger via your smartphone. You can display the status of your charger and battery and even control the functions of your charger using the Victron Connect app. On your screen the readout of your voltage and current is default available.
Storage Mode: Less corrosion of the positive plates
Even the lower float charge voltage that follows the absorption period will cause grid corrosion. It is therefore essential to reduce the charge voltage even further when the battery remains connected to the charger during more than 48 hours.
Temperature compensated charging
The optimal charge voltage of a lead-acid battery varies inversely with temperature. The Blue Smart IP65 Charger measures ambient temperature during the test phase and compensates for temperature during the charge process. The temperature is measured again when the charger is in low current mode during float or storage. Special settings for a cold or hot environment are therefore not needed.
Li-on Battery Mode
The Blue Smart IP65 Charger uses a specific charging algorithm for Li-on batteries, with automatic Li-on voltage protection reset.