Victron Orion-Tr Smart Isolated DC Charger 12/12-30A 360W
The Victron Orion-Tr Smart Isolated DC Charger 12/12-30A 360W is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth.
For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the (smart) alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery. The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch and has an engine running detection mechanism.
The Orion-Tr Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead acid and lithium batteries. Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power.
Suitable for high temperatures up to 55 C with a full rated output up to 40 C
Bluetooth Smart enabled
Any Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet or other devices can be used to monitor, to change settings, and to update the charger when new software features become available.
- Battery charge algorithm (configurable) or fixed output.
- Smart alternator compatibility: engine running detection mechanism.
Adaptive 3-stage charge algorithm: bulk – absorption – float
- For lead-acid batteries, it is important that during shallow discharges the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge, the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged.
- For lithium batteries, absorption time is fixed default 2 hours.
- Alternatively, a fixed output voltage can be chosen.
Suitable for use in vehicles with a smart alternator (Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines) The built-in engine shutdown detection will stop the converter when the engine is not running. This prevents the unwanted discharge of the starter battery (see the manual for details).
A remote on/off switch or relay contact can be connected to a two-pole connector. Alternatively, the H terminal (right) of the two-pole connector can be switched to battery plus, or the L terminal (left) of the two-pole connector can be switched to battery minus (or the chassis of a vehicle, for example).
All models are short circuit proof and can be paralleled to increase output current
An unlimited number of units can be connected in parallel.
High temperature protected
The output current will reduce at high ambient temperature.
When installed with the screw terminals oriented downwards.