THE PROVISIONS WHICH ARE CONTAINED HEREIN BELOW ARE SUBJECT TO ANY APPLICABLE LAWS FROM TIME TO TIME:
- Nothing which is contained in this document may be construed as an offer to supply or sell any products, or as an inducement or offer to any person to enter into a contract with Voltex (Pty) Ltd and / or its subsidiaries (collectively and individually referred to hereinafter as “the Company”) in respect of the supply of any products.
- Despite every reasonable effort having been made to ensure the accuracy of the technical information contained in this document:
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER AS TO THE SUITABILITY OF THE PRODUCT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ONUS IS ENTIRELY ON THE PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT THE PRODUCT IS SUITABLE FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE;
- DUE TO MATERIAL AND MANUFACTURING TOLERANCES, TEST RESULTS AND / OR LENGTH OF PRODUCT CAN VARY PER INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT. ACCORDINGLY, ALL TECHNICAL DATA SHOWN IN THIS DOCUMENT IS GIVEN FOR GUIDANCE PURPOSES ONLY. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT WILL MATCH THE TEST RESULTS EXACTLY AND THE COMPANY ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY SHOULD THE PRODUCT NOT MATCH THE STATED FIGURES.
- THE COMPANY ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS AND / OR DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE USE AND / OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
- The guidelines are based solely on the maximum distance which the cable can carry the quoted currents before exceeding a 5% volt-drop
- The assumption is that the cables are installed in the standard conditions recommended by the cable manufacturer
|Depth of burial||Ground Temperature||Ground Thermal Resistivity||No. of cables nearby/parallel||Ambient Air Temperature|
- Cable selection requires all of the following factors to be considered:
- Size and type of load to be supplied
- Permissible voltage drop
- Prospective fault current
- Circuit Protection
- Environmental conditions of the installation, i.e:
- All cables, services and any other head sources around the cable
- Depth of burial (if installation in underground)
- Type of soil for buried cables
- Ambient air temperature for air and duct installations
- Thermal resistivity where the cable is installed
- Solar exposure and solar intensity
- If special features are required (eg. UV Stability, oil or water resistance, etc.)
- Due to continuous product development and improvements, specifications set out in this document are subject to change without notice.
- The Company reserves its right to modify and / or discontinue any products depicted in this document without notice.
- THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF ANY CLAIM BASED ON DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAIRING OR REPLACING SUCH DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COMPANY, DURING ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD, PROVIDED THAT SUCH DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS ARE RETURNED TO THE COMPANY, IN THEIR ORIGINAL STATE AND AT THE PURCHASER’S COST, WITHIN THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD. IN CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE THE PRODUCTS ARE NOT MANUFACTURED BY THE COMPANY, THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS CLAUSE SHALL IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXTEND BEYOND ANY CORRESPONDING LIABILITY OF THE MANUFACTURER OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH PRODUCTS TO THE COMPANY. LIABILITY IS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE.
- Qualified technicians and /or electricians must install all products which require installation by such qualified persons, failing which the Companycannot be held liable for any liability of any nature whatsoever arising from the purchase of the products.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY (INCLUDING ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS AND WHOLESALERS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS AND WHOLESALERS) DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR AND THE PURCHASER AGREES TO HOLD THE COMPANY HARMLESS AGAINST ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR COSTS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL), ARISING FROM A FAILURE TO USE THE PRODUCTS DEPICTED IN THIS CATALOGUE STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS CONTAINED ON THE PRODUCT PACKAGING (INCLUDING THE PACKAGE INSERT), WHETHER SUCH LOSS IS TO THE PURCHASER WHO PURCHASED ANY PRODUCT DEPICTED IN THIS CATALOGUE OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY WHICH MAKES USE OF OR BENEFITS FROM THE USE OF SUCH PRODUCT.
- The Companycannot be held liable for any misapplication of the products, including but not limited to:
- Use in non-standard environments;
- Use other than that prescribed for the products;
- Use on aluminium or similar softer “fix to” materials.
- The Companyaccepts no responsibility and cannot be held liable for any misprints, inaccuracies and / or any errors or omissions in this document.
No part of this document (including but not limited to any text and images) may be modified, copied, reproduced, stored, transmitted or distributed in any form or by any mean without the prior written approval of the Managing Director of the Company.