VOLTEX (PTY) LTD ONLINE SHOPPING WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 This Website can be accessed at www.voltex.co.za, related mobi-sites and software applications (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Voltex (Proprietary) Limited (“Voltex”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
- 1.2 These Website Terms and Conditions govern:
- 1.2.1 the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods through the use of the Website and
- 1.2.2 the use of the Website
- 1.4 These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable on every person that accesses and /or uses the Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers on the Website as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and irrevocably agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- 1.5 The Website enables you to shop online for an extensive range of goods including but not limited to: cable accessories, circuit breakers, distribution boards, enclosures, kiosks, electrical cable, electrical wire, industrial lighting, motor control, overhead line equipment, power generation, standby power, power optimisation, power factor correction, professional lighting, reticulation support systems, safety equipment, street pole lighting, high masts, test instruments, meters and tools (“Goods”).
- 1.6 The offerings on this website are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa.
2 Important Notice
- 2.1 These Terms and Conditions apply to all users, including but not limited to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
- 2.2 These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which -
- 2.2.1 may limit the risk or liability of Voltex; and/or
- 2.2.2 may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- 2.2.3 may compel the user to indemnify Voltex; and/or
- 2.2.4 serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
- 2.3 Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- 2.4 If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to have the relevant provision/s explained to you (by sending your query to email@example.com) before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or Voltex in terms of the CPA.
- 2.5 Voltex permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have irrevocably accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
3 Registration and use of the website
- 3.1 Only registered users may order Goods on the Website.
- 3.2 To register as a user, you must provide a unique email address and password and provide certain information and personal details to Voltex. You will need to use your unique email address and password to access the Website in order to purchase Goods.
- 3.3 You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
- 3.3.1 be used for your personal use only; and
- 3.3.2 not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- 3.4 For security purposes you agree to enter the correct email address and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
- 3.5 You agree that once the correct email address and password relating to your account has been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the email address and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order.
- 3.6 You agree to notify Voltex immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- 3.7 By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity.
- 3.8 You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from the Board of Directors of Voltex (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- 3.9 You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- 3.10 You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent from the Board of Directors of Voltex.
- 3.11 You may update, edit or terminate your account at any time through the Website.
4 Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
- 4.1 Registered users may place orders for Goods, which Voltex may accept or reject. Whether or not Voltex accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment by Voltex for the Goods.
- 4.2 NOTE: Voltex will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Voltex come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from Voltex stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Voltex will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, within 30 days thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- 4.3 Prior to delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel the Sale only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
- 4.4 Placing Goods in a wish list or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. Voltex shall not be liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- 4.5 You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by Voltex, Voltex will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after placing an order, Voltex will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such Goods.
- 4.6 Certain Goods may not be purchased for re-sale. Should we suspect that such Goods are being purchased for this purpose, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately without notice to you.
- 4.7 The invoice for your purchase will be emailed to you at the email address you provide to us. A copy of this invoice will be included in your parcel and will also be made available on your registered account.
- 4.8 Voltex reserves the right to discontinue or change the specifications of its Goods from time to time without notice to you. However, the specifications of a particular Good will not be changed after order confirmation and before delivery of that Good to you.
- 4.9 These Terms and Conditions are in no way intended to deprive you, if you are a “consumer” contemplated under the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECTA) of your right to cancel an agreement for the supply of goods within seven days after the date of the receipt of the goods, subject to a handling fee / the reasonable cost of returning the goods, which will be off-set against the refunded purchase price. You are a consumer under ECTA if you are an individual who will use the goods you buy.
- 5.1 We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology. For our Payment Security Policy, click here.
- 5.2 All prices shown on our Website are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa.
- 5.3 Payment can be made for Goods sold by Voltex on the Website via Visa and Mastercard credit cards only. Where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we reserve the right to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation, your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying for the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
- 5.4 You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a full record of your payment. We will also send you email communications about your order and payment.
- 5.5 Once you have selected to pay for the Goods via credit card and you accept these Terms and Conditions, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
6 Delivery of goods
- 6.1 Voltex offers 2 (two) methods of delivery of Goods to you. You may elect to receive the Goods purchased via: delivery to your nominated address or self-collection from our elected Warehousing and Distribution agent.
- 6.2 In the event that you choose to collect the Goods from our elected Warehousing and Distribution agent, collection of such Goods must take place within 3 days from receiving your online collection confirmation note. Our elected Warehousing and Distribution agent has been tasked by Voltex to process the speedy delivery of the Goods is not by any means a storage facility Voltex and its Warehousing and Distribution agent shall not be obliged to store the Goods purchased by you indefinitely and accordingly should you not collect the Goods within the aforesaid period, Voltex shall charge you storage costs until such time that you collect the Goods. In any event, should the Goods not be collected by you within 30 days of having received your online collection confirmation note, Voltex shall, on 10 days’ notice to you, dispose of the Goods and no credit shall be due to you.
- 6.3 In the event that you choose to receive the Goods via delivery, the Goods shall be delivered by rail or by road, in Voltex’ sole and absolute discretion. For the purposes of this clause, the applicable railway authority or road carrier, as the case may be, shall be deemed to be the agent of the User. Delivery shall be deemed to have been effected to the User when the goods are handed to the transport carriers.. The onus of proving non-delivery shall rest with the User.
- 6.4 Where it accepts your order, Voltex will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 7 (seven) business days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period due to circumstances which are beyond our control. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price. In the event of late deliveries (for any reason whatsoever and howsoever arising) Voltex shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such late deliveries.
- 6.5 Signature of Voltex’ delivery note by the User or by any representative of the User (including but not limited to the transport carrier) shall be regarded as acceptance by the User that the goods reflected in such delivery note have been properly and completely delivered.
- 6.6 All risk of loss in and to the Goods shall pass to you on delivery of the Goods.
- 6.7 For our Delivery Policy, click here.
We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
8 Vouchers & Coupons
- 8.1 Voltex may from time to time make physical or electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”) and promotional coupons or discounts (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of the Goods. Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
- 8.1.1 Vouchers
- 126.96.36.199 Vouchers that are purchased by registered users are valid for 3 years after Sale. Vouchers that Voltex gives away for free are valid for the period stated thereon. In each case, if your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire.
- 188.8.131.52 Vouchers cannot be used to buy other Vouchers or Coupons. They do not accrue interest and are not exchangeable for cash once purchased. If your Voucher value is insufficient for the order you wish to place, you may pay the difference via credit card.
- 184.108.40.206 Voltex is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a Voucher after it has delivered the Voucher to you or to the email address nominated by you.
- 8.1.2 Coupons
- 220.127.116.11 Coupons are issued in Voltex’s sole discretion and we reserve the right at any time to correct, cancel or reject a Coupon for any reason. Users do not have a right to Coupons and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
- 18.104.22.168 As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
- 22.214.171.124.1 each Coupon can only be used once;
- 126.96.36.199.2 only one Coupon can be used per person per promotion/campaign on the Website;
- 188.8.131.52.3 a Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders; and
- 184.108.40.206.4 the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
- 220.127.116.11 Coupons cannot be used to buy Vouchers or other Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, you can contact email@example.com to confirm if the Coupon is still valid. If the coupon is still valid, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can complete the current order and use the Coupon on your next order.
- 18.104.22.168 Voltex is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a Coupon.
9 Discounted Goods
- 9.1 There are limited quantities of Discounted Goods (“a Deal”) and as such after a Deal is sold out, those particular Goods may be available on the Website at their normal selling prices (but no longer as a Deal).
- 9.2 We do not guarantee a specific saving. The extent of the Deal or discount is at the sole discretion of Voltex.
- 9.3 Adding a Deal to your cart or completing your order for a Deal without paying for it does not reserve the item for you. Unless Voltex receives payment from you at the time of placing your order for a Deal, Voltex will cancel your order.
- 9.4 The original (or “Was …”) prices on Deals and other discounted Goods are the recommended retail prices given to us by our suppliers at the time we listed the Goods. Once particular Goods are no longer available as a Deal or at a discounted price, the selling price on the Website may be different from the original price of a Deal or discounted Goods.
- 9.5 By purchasing any Deal, you are also automatically opting in for our Deal Notifications as well as our general newsletter (you may opt-out of these newsletters at any time). Opting out of these newsletters after purchase will not affect the value of the Goods purchased.